Family and Love

I just never saw the love a family is supposed to have.

I see my daughter, and know I love her so much. I can't imagine losing her.

Then I see my husband's family, and how disconnected they are from each other.

That's why they do not value family ties. They think it is a privilege to have true love.

I have true love and a family tie now, and there is nothing more great in the world.

I see the contrast from my adoptive family that I grew up with. No love and no family tie.

It is hard for me to keep this real, because I keep thinking it makes no sense. To love, to have family ties. My daughter cries, and I find it hard to believe she wants and needs ME. I feel honored and privileged. I have no idea how they do not see this. Sometimes I have to pinch myself not to lose sight of it. My heart breaks in two because my daughter is so sensitive to my rejection. It hurts me soo much and makes me aware of what I'm missing.

I am amazed at how people take family ties for granted, and do not feel their privilege.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really