Stop Re-traumatizing Yourself, Be Your Level

       I was able to be with my daughter happily and presently today, by sinking into the moment despite being out in public. I know it is so important for babies to feel seen and heard when they are in all feelings, to be mirrored and feel valid as a person. It opened her up to me and she was curious and calm suddenly. Her tired crankiness went away a bit, and she pointed to stuff with me in the store and copied the sounds of what I said they were. It was cute and precious.

        I realize that I traumatize myself when I tell myself that I need to do something or be a certain way. I let my feelings be there and I feel better immediately. Yesterday when it was getting late and I started in on myself with blame and pressure to do what I had to, I decided to turn on some music. We had just been listening to Alan Robarge on YouTube about attachment wounds and how they cause us to feel insecure, and it was a bit overwhelming to me. So I shut it and put on some light music, and danced with my daughter. I pushed myself to enjoy, and I did. We laughed and twirled, and I decided I wanted to stay this happy all night and not feel the stress of having to have her sleep. We chilled on the bed and I let her play freely. I tried to be with her. My husband surprised me and joined in my present being, and we say together silently. I saw our pride in our daughter and I soaked it in. I wanted us to always feel this calm, non-pressured way with her. She was joy and love. She smiled innocently and widely at us. She fell off the bed when I was looking at my phone, and screamed. I picked her up and held her soothingly. I showed her that I felt her pain and was there. She fell asleep not too late. I didn't ignore her feelings and apologized for the earlier way I ignored her, and told her she must feel hurt about it. She swayed back and forth and made herself comfortable and closed her eyes. 

           I did not pressure myself to write and record my feelings of inspiration. I knew I would get too caught up and lose my footing in reality. I still had a way to go. To make each day work. It was still a large job. And here I am. Starting to notice my stress more and not pressure myself to do everything as much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really