On Knowing Your Self

Fear has done us a lot of damage. By instilling in people that they were sinners for not following a certain path, it caused self rejection to those who were incapable of being there. Due to not having a sense of self, as was in my case. I felt further alienated from ever finding myself and inner happiness by those teachings. I felt confused at why, if this was so great a path that earned happiness and peace, I felt so disconnected from myself in it, and so connected to myself when I strayed and did "animalistic things" as they taught. Such as dancing to wild music, movies, and looking good. I did not have the desire to speak with respect to the teachers who ignored my lack of comprehension and ability to be interested in class, visit and care for elderly people, be a good little girl in synagogue. It all made me feel confused.

Now that I am out of the fog and picked up more truth to who I am, as someone who was traumatized and had to hide her sense of confusion about my identity all my life, I am able to truly start from where I am in life and not jump over things to fit other's expectations of where I should be. It feels great to finally accept myself and my body and listen to what I am up to. I feel ready to live my life for how I need to. Following my true self. We all have different unique souls, that express itself in different ways. For codependents, they are ashamed of their insides so they try desperately to become exactly as others want them to be, but then end up getting lost and confused. When you know who you are, things become clearer and there is less inconsistancy in life. You know exactly where you are and broadcast it properly. That is why it is so important to know thyself and work on what level you are up to. When you know your inside and match your outside to it, as apposed to matching your inner state to the outside, you live your life for yourself.

You begin to trust yourself and love yourself, and have a gain of self-respect. The more you do, the less confusion you will have and things will happen effortlessly, without even putting much effort. When you do not feel good about yourself because of not accepting your feelings as they are, there will be resistance to getting things done because of the lack of will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really