Seeing Loving Results from Aware Parenting

I finally saw great results in my daughter today from giving in to her tears on the way home. She had been tired, and instead of getting nervous and ignoring her cries thinking she has to learn to deal with the upset, I saw her wobbling chin and sad look and I talked to her gently and gave her the phone to watch a toddler video all the way home. She became engaging and relaxed, knowing she could rely on me. I even fed her the whole walk from the bus to our home.

Later on, after her nap, she was happy and actually kissed me directly a few times in the car on the way somewhere. I was so shocked and happy about this new affection. I should give in to her more it shows her that I am on her side. It also amazes me how smart she is when applied, like knowing connections og things like recognizes a package as "sugar" because of it's similarity to the last time I showed her one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really