Embrace Yourself through your pain

            The opposite of stuffing your emotions, repressing through eating, distractions, shopping, addictions, watching TV, is Feeling sadness.

            Sadness is a wonderful thing. It is a backdrop of dreariness, anger, pain, and alone-ness. It is walking into the forest, and staring at the trees in wonder. It is realizing that there is nothing, no one, who can comfort you but yourself. It is embracing that, and loving yourself in silence and loneliness.

           I first experienced that as a child. I ran to places to hide, so I can be alone and in peace. In peace with myself, so I can be at peace with the world. The cold, lonely, hurtful world. I could make it all shine, and be a better place to live for myself.

          Someone said, when you face your deep down subconscious soul feelings, you can be at peace with yourself and love yourself. You live in a whole new identity, than if you had been shutting it out. The deep pain you feel, and the trauma you went through that is still in you, a part of you, gets healed and makes room for self-love.

          What a Day by Greg Laswell reminds me of my pain during my childhood.

           So Long,
           An Adoptee Soul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really