Self Pride

           Not trusting yourself is questioning every decision you make. Being scared to move because you will not do well. Fear of getting hurt because you are so used to it, and scared of the pain you know you will feel in the disappointment of yourself.

          But life is meant to be fun. It is meant to be challenging in the best way possible. You wouldn't enjoy something if it didn't have a challenge, would you? If everything just came to you, you would get bored and keep wanting new experiences, until there was nothing new to get and boredom and jadedness of everything kicks in.

         So people have to work for their pleasure. The biggest pleasure is in the reward of effort. Everyone knows that love grows for things that you invest in, such as raising a child, and cultivating a relationship. Or investing your creativity in something.

       I used to be hard on myself for any work I did, telling myself it wasn't good enough, and my own voice was never enough. I needed more excitement, more material, more popular content. This was because I didn't believe in myself. Life was so much harder, and success happening seemed for solely for "others," which included anyone but me.

       I am hereby saying that everyone has a chance, and my voice is important. I do have talents lying in me, waiting to shine. And even if I do do something wrong, and mess up, it is not as scary.

        Because I am human, and humans make mistakes. I am acting more from my TRUE self, and I am no longer so ashamed of myself. Pete Gerlach says that a sign of being a Grown Wounded Child, meaning having wounds from abuse as a child, is excessive shame and guilt. I guess I am healing because I am slowly releasing shame from my system. It is am amazing feeling, and it feels like being in love- with myself. I feel like I can do anything. Well, almost anything. Anything I want to.

       Love,
       An Adoptee Soul
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really