Mental Illness As Reality

           Mental illness. It is such a stigma and I've always dreaded that I had it. Since I was a small child and found out that my real mother had it. And my brother acted overly anxious and different as a kid. I was ashamed of it and them. I knew inside that it was in me, and thereby caused it to manifest. I acted strange and babyish on purpose. Like a clown. Because in my head I felt I was crazy. 

          It has always been my fear that everyone would find out so I did everything to hide myself. I grew to feel inner stigmatization of myself. Beat myself up all the time. I was preparing myself for reality to hit and end up in the situation I felt inside. It was the only drive in life, the dreaded anticipation. Whereas some dream of wedding gowns and families of their own, I dreamed of ending up in a mental home or on the street. Just like my mother. 

            I don't know how I woke up from that reality, but apparently my mother did not know anything about my past self image. Because she is now worried that I am going mad and need psychological evaluation. She doesn't know that I anticipated it all my life, she is just waking up now to the idea of my need for evaluation. 

            Hi Mommy, it's nice to meet you finally. Now you see what's going on inside. Even though I'm sure deep down you've known for years. You don't care about my soul you only care about my image. Its actually funny to watch her jumping around like a clown trying to catch all the juggling balls. I am just facing my pain, and yes I am mentally ill. My feelings have been stunted and i am left in the process of repairing them. There's nothing wrong with that, and if i would have been helped when they were still growing I wouldn't be in this place now. 

          So it makes perfect sense that I am mentally ill in my emotional life. I do not trust, do not value myself deep down. Especially when triggered, my reality becomes full forcedly destructive and I cannot think rationally at all. If I keep thinking this is my normal, I will never change. Beliefs solidify and become reality. We do have power of how we chose our life to be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really