People Full Of Shame Need Constant Validation

        Mark Smith of Family Tree Brand Life Coaches says in video To Recover From Shame Sometimes It Is Necessary To Reteach Someone of Their Loveliness, that he as a coach has to teach his clients over and over how lovely they are. This is sometimes necessary for them to get over their shame, which causes them to have critical self-talk. The only way to reprogram them sometimes is to tell them over and over again that they ARE good. I love this concept, because I used to feel such shame from my neediness of other's validation, and if only my therapist would have kept reassuring me of my goodness and done it with full understanding of where it came from. I was able to smell uncertainty in my past therapy, and recognized that the therapist was just impressed with my "story" but did not fully validate my shame as coming from adoption identity issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really