Rescuing A Sad Baby

               I told someone what I thought even though it felt uncomfortable. She could have looked or thought of me strange and gotten annoyed. Or worse, thought I was being preachy. I just felt more uncomfortable with not saying it at all, it went against my morals and values. My heart hurt. We were on the bus ride back to my city, and her baby was crying in his seat while she was a seat behind ignoring it. He was whining sadly, for ten minutes. But each sound broke my heart. I looked at him and her just to see if she'd notice, but she didn't budge. She was a nice enough lady if not a bit codependent, and we had chatted earlier. It was obvious that I held my baby all the way and rocked her in the seat until she was sleeping, so I felt it might look self-righteous if I said something. I fought with myself because I really did want the baby to stop suffering and I knew he was. I did not want it to be that way when I had a chance to alleviate it. So I finally reached out and said, "Your baby is crying he needs you you are his mother." she smiled bashfully and said, "Yeah well the thing is he cries when he sees me at night." I persisted, "No he still wants you, just sit next to him that's why he's crying..." She listened and went to him and he stopped immediately. I knew it. My heart danced as I saw the pair together and him settling down. It was only when she put him back when he screamed again. So she picked him back up and calmed him down.

I feel so good. It just hurt when the baby was sad and alone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really