Children Are Not To Blame For Their Parent's Pain

         I wonder if this means the pain is going to end. I wonder if there is an end to it all. I know where it all comes from now. That is why I feel so nonchalant now. I said my truth, I got it heard. So now what? Am I cured? Can all my problems end? I went home, and watched my kid. We went shopping for food. Then there was a blank time space and I felt low again. Things looked wonderful and TOO good before. My daughter started to bother me with her curiosity and exploring, dropping things in the street as we walked. I became bored and non-interested in her. And I have an hour and a half till my husband comes home, saving me from this boredom and prison. But Why? Why can't I enjoy my life with my daughter? Something is nagging at me. That old unhappiness and self-doubt that I deserve to be happy. I feel too ungrateful, and I judge myself. I started crying when listening to a sad song, about searching for something and feeling lost. Like the guy in the store that was flirting with me and felt like I can give him the high he is looking for in life. I felt sorry that I could not. I am lost too, and besides I am married with a child. I read today on Aware Parenting and Attachment Play Facebook group about advice on how to have patience for your child when you are hurt. To separate yourself from the emotions they made you feel and not attributing it to them, focus on the pain in your body for 90 seconds. That should give you time to hold a space for them to see them.


        I am wallowed in pain. I wonder now if this was the cure all along to our ancestors and parents who abused us because of their own emotional baggage. Because of the wars and tortures they endured, they could not be there emotionally present for their kin. Did they just need to separate their pain from their child, and not cause them to feel shame for it? Would that have caused their children to feel loved and emotionally healthy and regulated? To grow up to be functioning, self-actualized and potential recognized adults?? I wonder if knowing my pain and not blaming my daughter for it now will help turn her healthy. I do see her sad when I am pained and crying. I hope for G-d's sake that she doesn't feel it's her fault. I will tell her it's not.

         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really