Glimpse Of Our Bond

      So grateful for the glimpses of happiness that my weary soul gets. I gave it some time and instead of waiting for the agony of her not being able to sleep and stress from being ignored while we strolled on the street to pass, I watched her play on the bed freely. I watched her swipe at me and push me away. I clapped my hands and sang a spontaneous song. She laughed appreciatively and added her own voice. I said her name and she copied. Suddenly, I was fascinated as I realized that she really was watching and listening. We were attuned. The more I watched and held back from interpreting things my way, the more she felt at ease to play. She showed me her mood by throwing the clothing around. We both laughed. She stood on her tiptoes and made her favorite sounds. After a quarter of an hour, she was more droopy and protested as I picked her up to my sling to rock to sleep, but I sang to her determinedly, and she fell asleep. It was bliss.

       We can be connected. It takes work because of our distractedness, but we do need each other. It binds us together, our intrinsic bond. Every day that passes creates more memories that truly affect it. If I give or hold back. It is really scary, and surprising how so many take it for granted that they love their child. And the child feels every feeling of annoyance or disconnection. I want to try. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really