Grieving My Losses

           Was chatting with a biological cousin, about a baby she just had. It opened me up to my trauma. In that I really did have it hard by not knowing my birth family, aside from pictures and visiting. She made it seem so easy that we were talking, but I sensed the confusion and anxiety behind it. Like one of us would be cut off. That is our undertone, in every interaction I have with any birth family member. I looked back on my pictures from the reunions, choosing which ones to show her not to scare her away, and realized that it was normal and regular that I had a hard time living life regularly now. Hell, even before I met everyone I did, but now my life was kind of in limbo. I cannot expect myself to be perfect and successful. I have a lot of questions about myself. I am grieving my losses. Somehow my pain always takes me back to remember that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really