Outing With Birth Mom

       I was on a cloud of happiness on Friday, when we met my birth mother. We picked her up and took her with us on errands shopping. She was very unattached as usual, with a touch of happiness at seeing me. She barely speaks, just says practical things like explaining directions, and buying me food. She smiled widely when I offered her some pictures from last time, and said she'd take them. She nodded that we had similarities, and so does my daughter to her. She seemed very nonchalant about it. She mentioned that she wanted to raise her children, not give them up when I asked her about if she got to choose the families for the adoption. We went to visit my birth father at his work, and everything seemed so close and easy to get to. He was beaming when he saw us, and said we all looked good, and said we should come visit again. He works every day until 7, so barely has time out. I guess it's good for him to keep busy. He does have a few close friends. I am happy that my birth mother lives with a kind fellow, that is always very nice when we visit. He is also friends with my father. We seemed to really connect when I asked my birth mother about her moving and her job, and she explained. She smiled at me and nodded when I told her at least she got to see her eldest daughter, because her own adoptive mother raised her. She swapped at her "vicious" cats when they climbed on the table and disgusted my husband and I, who were eating our store bought sandwiches. We took pictures, and left.

       At the hotel, I was reminiscing about what happened, and the relaxed atmosphere we all had together. I looked in the mirror, and noticed how my features came from both sides. I was elated, and felt very connected to myself suddenly. I realized the wonder of feeling like you have parents. and how stupid it is that people think that adoptees would have no reason to meet their birth parents after the adoption takes place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really