Owning Our Feelings To Make Us More At Peace

           We had a massive blowout last night because my daughter was not sleeping. It was from the whole day of waking up in a new place and spending the day out and not paying attention to her. She was stubborn and, didn't fall asleep until 12:30 am, despite her only nap of 1 hour all day. And her trouble sleeping after the long car ride the night before. So I lost my temper, and my husband took her and then lost himself when she was whimpering and not wanting to sleep by him either. What really triggers us is her pathetic sadness and mistrust. I finally started crying a bit and letting my feelings flow. I felt hurt that I was not listening to my needs of feeling exasperated and wanted to sleep too. 

         I realized that true humbleness is when we know how we feel, and do not try to cover it up by acting "above" those feelings, even though they are in us. This is what we do when we are being arrogant, and then we project it on others because we do not feel like owning it. It is the hardest thing, but we must own our feelings in order to be at peace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really