Boundaries Are Important For Our Kids

            Our children will always love us and need us, it is not worth it to hurt them when they seem to be hurting us. Someone wrote in to the Facebook Aware Parenting group about her blog, which was about learning to say no to your kids being crucial for you. She said that when our kids get us nervous, we must tell them and not let it go on because then we can get angry because they overstep our boundaries. We must tell them to stop for our own sake. We do not want to get angry at them because deep down we are really angry at ourselves for not enforcing our boundary when we needed it.

           I noticed this today, when my daughter was crying in the store and I wanted to give her a candy just to quiet her. But I didn't really want to buy the candy, and I recognized that I just feared her disappointment, so I just said sorry firmly and did not give her anything. She cried, but I felt a lot better than had I given her something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really