Having Personal Boundaries Promotes Mental Health

        I realized that personal boundaries are so important because they protect a person from being exploited by others. People who don't understand or make them look bad, and bring them down from being their greatest selves that they can be. People need to be able to grow, and it involves being in a safe place. You can be safe when you have strong boundaries. Also, it brings self-respect and stronger sense of who you are, by choosing what you can allow and what you agree to take in. I deleted my Facebook because I felt so boundary-less by being friends with people who barely care about me, and not wanting them to see my photos or anything. It feels good.

       Slowly I am beginning to make sense of who I am by putting up boundaries and saying no to people I do not like. People who cause me pain and stress. I am also beginning to see what makes me happy by allowing myself to go towards it more, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really