Resisting Anger

         Teal Swan did an exercise on how to deal with your anger in a video, and how to have self-boundaries set. The woman she worked with was not ready to share her anger with her, and kept sidestepping into logic brain. Just like my husband does to explain why he feels something, and does not feel "validated" to express or feel anger unless something really major happens to set him off.

          She said that in her childhood her father did not let her have anger, so a voice in her shames her and says she cannot be angry when she is. Therefore she is resisting the feeling, and that makes it more prominent. I am terrified that my daughter will not be able to express rage because she seems so locked down sometimes in her emotions, such as fighting me when I look into her eyes after a hard day. And when I straight out yell and then notice she may have been affected so I hug her and say sorry, she bursts into sad sad tears of pain. I know she feels very deeply, like I do. I just worry she is forced to hide it because she was hurt so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really