Seeing How Familiar My Daughter Is

      Suddenly she seemed like me, familiar. I had left her to play alone for a few hours as I did some cooking and cleaning, with my husband in the background. She had seemed okay on her own but I felt bad for her. Sure enough she had pent up feelings, maybe also from my husband and my fight about him not helping enough and my pressure to do it all. She yanked my hair and laughed amusedly as I screamed ow. She had some power back. And after I read her a book softly, she ripped one of the flaps off a page, and then watched when I groaned annoyedly because it had been my favorite book as a kid. She handed me the piece slowly, kindly showing me care. I beamed inside at how she showed her feelings. I saw myself in her, in trying to please her close ones. I felt suddenly how much she loved me, and I saw how needy she was. It tugged at my heart. She looked so alone and lost suddenly, and I wanted to hug her and say I cared and loved her. Perhaps she didn't always know it because of my distracted-ness, or maybe it's even in our genes passed down to feel alone and apart from other humans. I hope to keep having a bond with her, despite all the goings on around here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really