Changing A Belief

           We subconsciously recreate situations that we had in our childhood that was not healed in order to resolve it. The more we resolve, the less we bring those situations back. That is why I used to have such low expectations of myself that I did not feel that anyone could be there for me in my problems, so I hid myself and pretended to be normal. I only attracted people who could not love me in my life, and I felt more myself because I was used to being discarded and ignored by my mothers. It hurt so much, but who I was, my identity, was to be hurt. It was the core identity at the center of my hurt childhood self, the baby that was emotionally murdered in me. That was why it made me feel the most alive. Richard Grannon says it is very hard to change your brain, and it is called neuroplasticity. That takes changing your outer experiences. It makes you feel unsure at first. It makes me doubt my husband's words of affirmation, my belief that my baby loves me for me. The struggle goes on daily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really