Confidence in my Love

      Being a codependent, I used to be scared that other's didn't trust me when I said I loved them or they were family so I was supposed to love them, and used to think every action I did had to be perfect. But since it was not coming from me, it was only to prove myself to the outside, I was unsure of it so I felt others were unsure of it too. I got very sensitive when people I was attached to told me they didn't think I cared, because I missed a phone call or did not initiate enough. Now, I have more confidence and how I feel is key, so if I know I love someone I don't have to prove it to them, I just do things nice or loving for them for myself. This way, I am less insecure and I know it is an action I took part in, and am confident they see that. Such as with my husband, I know he knows I'm there for him, so I feel comfortable taking times to do things I need for myself without worry that he will feel unloved. This is how we need to feel to get places in life- that we matter and are connected to others all the time. That way we feel supported as human, and are able to succeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really