Remember Who We Are- Feeling Emptiness In The Day and Then Full Of Rage

       I spiraled today. I think I was on a tight ship the entire day, because my husband had overly praised me last night about how much he admired and appreciated what a "good job I was doing with our daughter." He said it was really hard to do what I was doing, and he'd never be able to do it because he was so nervous. I agreed, and said it was in my nature so not hard for me to be kind to her and want a loving relationship.

       So, today he came home early because of a stressed and tired mood, and I had it in the back of my mind that I was his "savior" and perfect with my daughter. This caused me to put pressure on myself to be perfect. I made him a soup, and took my daughter to the library and watched her run around because I felt so much guilt at her not being paid attention to. When we came home, my husband annoyingly said, " does she need a nap now? Because she looks tired." I said no, and please  don't pressure me about this. I hate when he acts like a referee like that. He said sorry quickly and ran away.

             I put pressure on myself to see her, and was not in it. It felt so boring to talk to her, and I thought of how she was not even listening and understanding and got angry inside. I repressed myself and went to put her to sleep at her usual time. She felt it and did not relax. I took time to myself and ate too many cookies, watched adoptee reunion with birth family videos, and 4:30, I got in a good mood and decided to sing happily to her my favorite songs, but I was overly hyper and it soon died down. She still wasn't sleeping. I got angry at myself for being "a worthless nothing," barely accomplishing anything, and not being able to see her, so I start raging to myself. The tears were stuck inside for a few minutes and then a few stubborn ones rolled down my cheeks, and I felt like everything was so unfair. I knew it was irrational, and had no idea where it came from but there was a ton of anger and hatred in me, I wanted to hurt something or someone, but I really wanted to hurt myself. I looked at the clock and knew it would be over soon, and she'd be sleeping and I would go back to "normal." But this was insane, and I have to figure out why I am so childish and needing-to-get-my-way or else go into full-on tantrum/panic attack. It is not pretty.

            Honestly, I am not perfect and not even a model parent. I am someone stuck in CPTSD trauma and unforgiving of my parents and elders. I am a child stuck in my body. I cannot deal with normal responsibilities. This is hard and aggravating. Just because I am doing it and my husband isn't, we both have the same trauma issues to deal with and are both so messed-up. I need to know that my daughter loves me even when I cannot see her, and she will always love me and want me to work on myself. I cannot repress myself to be a perfect mother for her, it will not work. She loves me as I am, however unfortunate it is, for being her mother. I need to keep in mind that I am not perfect. She knows that too, she can sense my moods. We have a relationship, even though it is full of flaws. That is comforting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really