Projection Causes Separation from others

          It hit me what I was doing to my husband when I got mad at him. I was not seeing him for who he was, and was only seeing what I felt about what he was doing. This was separating myself from him, and making him feel lonely when I yelled at him or acted cold towards what he was doing. It was projection.

            I got angry when he was on his phone 24/7, because I do not allow myself to do those things anymore and I "got over it." I work hard to not do it anymore. And I see him doing it and feel responsible for him, too. But I am not, he is his own person. That released me from my annoyance and anger towards him. I am not him. He does things with his own consequences. I used to think he dragged me down, and now I realize that I am only responsible for how I act. So I concentrate on myself at those times, and even have compassion for him. He is stuck in his own hell that he is having a hard time releasing from.

             When parents project on their kids, they don't let them live and be themselves because they only see them through the lens of themselves. We need to see beyond our own perceptions. I am slowly peeling off my personal views to see others.

            I do it with my daughter when I put her to sleep without stress and fear of her being stressed. She is not half as stressed at I make her out to be through my own lenses, and when I detach and not put all my effort in trying to calm her, she sleeps easily. Well, sometimes. Other times she really is upset because of not getting enough affection and attention. It's tricky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really