My Daughter is Okay, My Mood Affects Her

Wrote this two days ago because my laptop stopped working. Have a lot to catch up on.

I realized that my daughter knows she is loved and is confident. She wants to learn new things and takes out toys to play by herself. She understands what I feel, that she be herself and be happy. It is only when I force her to look at me that she gets mad, because she is not ready to face me so intimately for whatever reason. But she is still a happy kid regardless. I think I don't see that usually because I am always looking at the worst case scenario. But because I show her love and don't force her to do everything like other parents, she feels happy a lot. Fortunately.

Now:

I see how she gets affected by my moods, and I project my feelings onto her. Such as this morning, when I was itchy to get going to the mall, I was stressed because my head and Stomach hurt for some reason, and so I was seeing her as stressed. She in turn, was acting nervous and demanding, "song" more than usual. I fretted that she was obsessed, and calmed down when I realized that I needed to change my mood so I could deal with her. I realize that since she is so small, she needs grownups to take care of her, and therefore of course she will feel in danger and needs t feel that they are okay and happy to be there for her. She knows she is dependent on me, and therefore I need to let her know that she can trust in me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really