Floating In Space

Don't want to lose my footing in where I am at this place- feeling happy. I feel like if you watch yourself for blindspots where you might fall, you can stay up. I fell last night because the day I felt too proud. Wanted to keep this fix, scared of the inevitable self-doubt. And it crept up on me till I stumbled and hit bottom. Oof.

I need to be aware of myself. I have a problem in believing in myself, no matter what others say. It is in my make-up. I know that in order to do anything in life, first you need yourself backing you. I lose myself at the push on a button. Fall deep into the cyber space. Literally. I lose focus and want pleasure to save me. From myself. And I am back to square one. A rabbi said, everyone falls. The big thing is to pick yourself up and try again. Life will never be without struggles, unless you already gave up and gave into your animal drives. And then you are living on auto pilot so nothing really feels big. When you feel something, it means the spark in you is alive and wants to grow.

I wonder... When will I feel I matter? That everything I have, I did for myself. Like, manifested as Ralph Smart, Lisa Romano, and other spiritual teachers say. When will I look around, and feel like I Impact! Like I am the superstar to my family, and made everything we have possible. I feel guilty and small. I can barely take an acknowledgment from my husband that I made a good meal. And it keeps passing, meal and shopping and cooking and cleaning... Nothing lasts, and the memories fade. A good memory of yesterday here and there, a fun time and laughs. A perfect day, a connected experience shopping and outtings... When will it be me? Sometimes I glimpse at myself, when I see my baby's smile at me for all the appreciation she has for me, I see my pictures of authentic expressions, not trying to cover up my pain...maybe that will count one day. When she looks back... I see how much I desire to look at my ancestors in the pictures, but perhaps because I barely met them... Sigh. When will I be enough? More than a blip on the picture. A scratch in the system. A lost soul from her family.

Did adoption do this to me? Will my daughter know she matters? I know I doubt my existence matters to my biological family, who are out there somewhere. Maybe I need to spend time with them, show my heart that they do need me. Cause they didn't show it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really