Embracing One Another

For years people have been sticking to living in stereotypes and not able to embrace others. Making others feel ashamed for who they are. Hurting them and turning them down. We have come to an age where we are all dying to be seen and loved for who we are. We are terrified of weakness because we were soo hurt for having it so we have to pretend it's not there. Here is where disconnection comes in, and we see others as "out to get us." Scared of opening up, so running from the pain.

On Ollie Matthews' YouTube channel someone said that baby boomers were the generation that was raised to never be able to admit their fault. Therefore they gaslight everyone else and make them feel wrong, never taking responsibility. Well, often. This is the case in my life. Where my mother has numerously implied that my emotions are my fault and I need to shut them down for her sake. As a quote on adoptees said: Adoption is meant to save the baby, and not for the baby to save the mother. It is twisted how that gets changed around. And we cannot forgive others when they don't admit to their wrongdoing, because it shows they want us to accept their bad behavior. It causes me to feel a drop in self-respect. Yes, we can only forgive someone if they are willing to see their fault. Perhaps forgive them but don't forget, to save yourself from their continued abuse.

It is time to become aware of others, and not feel exempt from their lives. Bring connection, which hinders love and compassion. We can no longer shut others out because we cannot handle their feelings. Speaking my story helps me to feel accepted for it, and not like I have to hide it in shame anymore. Since my family could not understand my pain, they chose to ignore it from my young age, and I internalized myself as being unlovable and ugly for it. Now I see the beauty in vulnerability and self-expression. The more I accept my pain, the more I feel confident that others will and can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really