Leaving To Visit Birth Parents

I decided to leave because I need to deal with my pain. It is not getting any better. And it gets expounded when my daughter worries me and I freak out that I am incapable of love. All my trauma from adoption and not being seen in my feelings make me expound on her feelings and not see realistically.

My husband and I also seem to be running on loose ends, unable to console one another and being too codependent. I tiptoe around him a lot, because he is anxious, and I am too. His family wanted us to sleep by them for the weekend for their daughter's new baby shower party, and I saw that as a looming disaster. I was working through how I would have minimal interaction with them, but I know it is not feasible. I hate how his father does not validate anyone around him and acts like a child. I told Joe Soll that I wanted to visit birth parents and he gave me his blessing. He said he will talk to me Thursday. So I am leaving.

My husband was angry, mainly because it was a trigger for him to be told about it so last minute. He was furious at home, and I was calm and listened but said I was going. He was worried about his family, missing us, and his job interview... I understood. I feel bad and now I am sad. But this morning it was something I just knew in my gut was important. I need to start listening to my feelings or they take over my life.

My birth father sounded very happy on the phone when I called this afternoon, like he was waiting for me with my birth mother. No pretenses and very nonchalant. I am also very happy and feel comfortable about it. I took lots of things that I could fit, including the stroller because it is easier to get around with. We will see if my birth sister would like to meet, after not talking for a few months. She is due in a few weeks I believe.

Here I am on the bus, as usual in between families and alone. It is triggering and I am sad. But I will get through it. It is also very familiar and feels like me, drifting in mid air without clear ground. Like I don't have to worry, I can leave my problems to the world. It feels good to do something different. Also feels nice to see how my husband loves and will miss me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really