Leaving Town

I am heading back home now on the bus. Daughter didn't sleep all day because she sensed my nerves. I was soo worried and particular about packing all my things and having enough time with them. I felt myself trying to hold everything but I couldn't, and I was out of control. I had tried soo hard that morning to seem good but I wasn't. I was stressed and the hostess was not my business in what she thought of me. Went out to a park to soak in the weather and meditate but I was too excited about yesterday. I drank my store bought coffee and played with my baby. She was so excited to make a friend with another toddler, but the girl was very defiant and gave her untrusting looks. My daughter flitted around nervously. I felt bad so I took her, but then it rained and I had to fight with her to get in the carriage and my voice was so dejected I almost cried. I took a shower, cleaned, and then ate lunch with my baby and she actually took bites I gave her. But I tried to get her asleep but it didn't work. I realized that it wouldn't if I didn't think it would. I predicted it. I felt too out of control and got angry. Because it was too late for her to sleep if I wanted to meet my parents at all before I left. I was furious when she kept babbling and fumbling. I felt like she was not listening and going to sleep and ruining my time. I put her hands down and she popped them up again, and I lost it and shook her Back and forth. She burst out crying and I felt like a demon. By then I couldn't stop the anger. I ran upstairs and sat on a ball in the couch and cried bitterly. Airy sobs. She tried coming to me again and giggled but I ran away because I felt too angry. I realized I had a right to be upset, like Joe Soll said it was the hardest thing to do to face our emotions about adoption. I had no support ready for me either. I sighed and begged for things to change. I finally decided to just go, as it was my last chance for a while. My heart hurts thinking about not seeing my father's face again for a while.

I took buses, feeling free. But it rained and time was getting closer, my practical birth mother was right that it wasn't so much time. I got furious at my daughter again on the bus, when she took her time to follow me off it. I may have raised eyebrows and I felt awful. Like scum again. As my birth dad said, what is the point in getting angry? It's not going to make things better. I was nervous that he wouldn't be happy with me. I took my daughter and her diaper smelled so we had to stop in the pizza shop to change. I figured I'd get supper there too, and then worried about the lost money that my baby played with in the host's house and how I would explain to them for them to give it back. I got ice cream and must have looked crAzy waiting desperately for my pizza while my daughter was not listening to me and I was trying to bribe her with it. I threw it out when it was half done because I felt full. Finally she went outside and refused to sit in the stroller and got her feet all wet in the rain.

I finally got there and felt awful when birth mother waited outside. But she didn't get mad and told me it was okay. We sat quietly and I felt I had nothing to say. Did not feel much. Wanted to see dad. We called but he didn't answer. I left a message. She asked me why I wasn't eating more, and I was embarrassed to eat much cuz of last time her comment to my father. She also pushed my daughter's hand down when I used the phone and we were hurt. She said I don't care. My father came in 20 minutes in and he was beaming and said he got my message, he had been sleeping. He hugged me hugely and I smiled. Showed him the videos of my dancing and they were both so impressed. He said I have his moves. My mother called it sexy I was mortified and covered my face and it. He said it's perfect. I was enthralled that we moved the same way.

We hugged and I called taxi. It felt a bit boring and I felt like it was my fault. I felt drained because I didn't know what to say. He took a video of me and asked me questions and I caught on that it was a video and I was so happy but shy. I told him to stop and he said, "When will I see you again? I want to remember you.." I was so happy. I had even sat on his lap in the house when I thanked him for letting me give away the candle his friend bought for me that I didn't want because it was too heavy. He made me take a picture of a picture of him at a rink. He was taking pictures of us outside and it was fun, especially when he picked my daughter up. We all laughed and he said I had his features when I said I didn't think I looked like him. My mother was quietly following my baby not to let her run off, and I told her it was okay. She was independent. My father said that's true, she was so good in the restaurant yesterday. I thanked him and he said to call him when I get back. I gave them both cold kisses I was so warn out and not myself. They waved till I left.

I did call him at the host's, and he said will you keep in touch. i half jokingly said I don't know. He laughed and said what ? Surprised by my humor. He said he'd visit, we'd have plans. I said okay hollowly. We said I love you and I hung up. To the host I said thank you I won't forget what you did for me... She didn't answer. She said I was an easy guest, as if she had to do this work. I felt she always worked too much for others so felt uncomfortable taking. I felt the plant I bought her was not enough. My mother gave her more potatos and vegetables and her husband laughed when I gave it to him and I felt it diminished her pride. I was hurt. Were they too rich to want potatos?

Anyway I left and walked myself to the bus because I wanted alone time. She felt so bad and gave my daughter a huge doll that she gives her grandchildren for the bus. She waved us off and told me to text her to tell me when I get home.

Feel unsure of myself and saddened at leaving my birth parents. Hope life will be okay now. Hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really