Let Down From Birth Father

I am so sad I was devastated when my father was too tired to meet. Shame over my neediness and hollowness at his words threw me off and I barely mustered an okay. I was so excited to call and maybe meet him after my daughter woke up from her nap at night, when I usually try to go out. Especially here when I am leaving soon. I began imagining that he got disgusted with my neediness, or thought I was too "easy" because of my compliments on how he was a good person and could get women. He said I was being funny, but I felt it was true and that maybe he was too stuck in feeling not goos enough. I now see that maybe it was weird of me. I had just made a pact with myself not to tell people how they should feel, because it so hurt me when people told me how I am. I also told him that I didn't want to leave, that I didn't miss my husband that much that I would want to go home. He said, No! He's your husband, he needs you.. You love him. All couples fight. I felt like he'd never understand and my throat became swollen again that I couldn't explain. I feel like I am fake cheery with him. We said we'd meet one morning before I go, just me and him. At least he said that.

I went out because I felt it was too depressing to stay in, after all my excitement. But I didn't want to go far because I was a bit tired and felt dumb. However I would have wanted to visit my father. I thought of still going but did not want to seem desperate and annoy him. It was not good boundaries since he had said no. But I began to feel really rejected, and even though he told me he loved me and liked me visiting earlier today and enjoyed yesterday, I felt pathetic and uninteresting to him. All because he had said he was tired and not tonight. It was late and he had worked hard. I walked home with some bananas and peanut butter and chocolate to comfort myself, but felt tears slipping and I wanted to burst into tears but I didn't. My daughter sensed it and acted overly needy and caring to me, too.

I was thinking how this taught me not to take his love for granted, and that I had been too ecstatic about it. He was probably acting normal and sensing my over enthusiasm may have worried him. He did say, are you okay? When I answered him glumly at the end. He told me to call my husband to talk to, and it felt like a slap in the face, unintentionally I knew. He also acted like my adoptive mother loved me and I needed her too, which I quickly corrected. I said how she never understood my needs for meeting them. He sounded very disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really