Pandering and Pain

The weekend was up and down, terrible and wonderful. I ate by the hostess the first night, and didn't say much because I knew they wouldn't see me emotionally and I needed it. The next day I went to my adoptive aunt and she chattered on about herself and her grandkids and funny jokes about them. They are her world, and she and her husband are set in their ways. Very predictable but comfortable as my childhood. I finally told them about adoption and trauma and they were convinced. Only when I told her I did not need her fixing, as she tried to teach me to not think about my pain, she stopped and let herself understand and take it in. I told them about the issues in enmeshment and survivor families, being compared to how adoptees feel, and showed them in the book Journey of The Adopted Child. They loved to keep going back to how we all have baggage and time to move past it to raise own family, but I got them good by saying how I can't start anywhere if I have no beginning and brought it back to how they at least knew their roots. She agreed, he snored. Or pretended to. When it was time to leave, he bounded up and put my daughter in her stroller for me. I thanked them and they said sure and made candid jokes about my husband missing me. It was a bit draining for me to try to get them to understand. Even though it somewhat worked.

My birth sister's adoptive sister had came to remind me to visit her, so I went and it was awful. Tension and both of us wanted to bolt, even though she claimed I felt like a half sister. When I spoke frankly about my adoption trauma and need to know, she didn't get it and told me my birth sister was happy as she was without facing it... Maybe I should pursue it and do shallow talk with her.. I said I was not doing that in my life anymore, and needed people who accepted me. She spoke about her sister needing a good image and perfect friends and popularity and how therapy was bad in their mother's eyes... I had enough and had to leave. Told her it wasn't her I just needed to protect my heart. She told me she saw me in a small sad voice, acting like I abandoned her. I said sorry I have to go. She half joked would you never come back now? I said only if you change your way of seeing things. She acted happy and chipper again, and I was stone quiet and bid goodbye. Came back exhausted, both slept. Woke up disheveled, had difficult evening. Went to the park to air out, tried telling myself the affirmations that "I am lovable..." but it made me angrier until I snapped and felt so lonely. I grabbed my daughter because my mood felt unsafe. Needed to get back. Get food and comfort. She screamed and I apologized halfway. Couldn't help my pain.

I realized, if I was going to focus on myself and healing I needed business. I couldn't waver and be close to people like this. I needed to have more confidence in my issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really