Anger Fit

On the way back from disastrous time at my inlaws, we were having tons of traffic and my husband was low key annoyed that we stopped in Costco and it took so long because they didn't accept MasterCards and we had to wait in line again... So he started freaking out a bit. I was kind of numb and tired so I couldn't take it.

I told him to stop or I was getting out when he didn't listen. He was cursing away. I felt trapped and hated him. I told him he was going over my boundaries and I had to get out of the car. He didn't like that and locked the doors. I started crying and felt like I was choking. It was definitively a left over cry from the past that I didn't get to do. He started calming down. We discussed his anger and I told him it was not usual. He said it was because of all the times they didn't let him be angry and they didn't know how to control anger so he didn't have a way to soothe himself. He said I should tell him it was okay when I see he is mad. I said it hurt me too much and I couldn't take it because he was violent with words. He apologized. He said he was ashamed of himself. I said he needs counseling for his pent up emotions... Or we were done. I felt better standing up for myself.

It was good in the end because we both were under stress that we did not know was there or didn't express from the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really