Babyish Parenting

My parenting. As a millennial snowflake. I want things my way. When my daughter made a chocolate mess on her dress, and being a Virgo, she refused to change and cried when I tried to tell her we had to go out and change get dress, I got really upset. I was desperate to go out and enjoy after 3 days of being stuck at home to wait for our packages from Fedex. So I started self blaming and spiraling. She was screaming and I picked her up and tried to yank the dress up But She pushed it down and I started crying too and moving her up and down rapidly. I released her and she fell a bit on her feet. I thought, good. I was disgusted with myself and projected it onto her because she wasn't doing what I wanted. I ran to hide and she jumped after me. So I left the room and hid in my closet. She yelled "Put down dress!" again and again and I fumed. I felt like a child. Parenting a child. She started looking for me, and her voice got calm and she said, "Where's Mommy? Over here.." Like I say when I find something. But she did not find me. Guilt gnawed at me and I said a few more minutes. She'll see who she needs. I felt childish again. Like she was the mother who wasn't listening to me. I finally opened the door and called her. She came in, her chest going up and down. She started at me with a trembling lip. Gauging my reaction. I started back unwavering, trying to show that I was present. I couldn't bring myself to apologize because of tremendous guilt. I knew she was waiting to feel safe. I sighed and held out my arms and she collapsed into me. I cried. She listened and ate. I felt love and understood what I was missing in my own childhood and cried for it.

I realized that who I am cannot be repressed. I felt better. I am not a perfect parent. But we are still related and in a relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really