Ignoring a Baby’s Cries

It hit me, my problem with my my ex and my in laws. They locked their son crying nonstop as a baby and made jokes about throwing him out the window. It was 28 years player later, and they still joked about it. It showed and reinforces their belief that babies crying was a nuisance. 

I cannot be friends with people who think a baby’s crying should be ignored, or worse, acted like it was a bother. It shows how they view their own anger or crying, because their own inner child is seen as pretentious and too much. Therefore they would not be whole, and also expect others to ignore their inner feelings as well. They see babies and toddlers as lower than them, and needing to be controlled, not letting the child have their feelings as their own and be an individual person. It is disrespectful to a human being, not to accept them for who they are. Children have needs to explore and assert their boundaries, in order to develop into their own person. The Aware Baby speaks about the need for a baby to have love and contact mother, and how society’s ways of keeping them in cribs and carriages all day prevents this and they are starving for love. 

Maybe this was my purpose for living. To expose the needs of babies to be cared for. Almost all mother I know of ignore their babies crying to get them to “self soothe,” and then  they have a pass to let the baby cry themselves to sleep, as that is the popular trend now. Letting a baby be alone in their crib and crying is seen as normal. While according to Aware Parenting, babies’ emotions are real and they need to see that others care about them so they can feel loved, or else they develop mistrust that others are there for them. With that paradigm, they will grow up thinking that to be true about their lives subconsciously, and always attract the same  situation, until they change that belief and are conscious about it being false (The Aware Baby by Aletha Solter).

Being aware that my own feelings matter, and when I try to be myself and others bash me for it, causes me to know who truly cares about me and who doesn’t. I know that they have not accepted their own feelings, so project on me that it’s not okay to accept feelings as true. They have no compassion and empathy, but are downright mean and abusive when I speak about the trauma a baby goes through when they are abandoned at birth by adoption. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limbic Brain Flashbacks From Trauma

Daughter and Projection of Anxiety

Who Are Adopted Children Really